CITIZENS’ CHARTER OF RAILWAY RECRUITMENT CONTROL BOARD (RRCB)
Railway Recruitment Control Board (RRCB) at the Railway Board level oversees the functioning of RRBs. RRCB formulates policies and guidelines for the RRBs to ensure that recruitment is done fairly & transparently on the basis of merit in accordance with Government policies.
Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs), function under the direct control of RRCB, Ministry of Railways, Government of India. It is responsible for recruiting Group ‘C’ Staff (ranging from post in Level-1 to Level-7 of 7th CPC) for various Zonal Railways and Production Units.
All aspiring candidates appearing for examinations conducted by Railway Recruitment Boards are ‘Citizens’. A total number of 16048077 candidates applied against Centralized Employment Notifications (CENs) during 2014-15 and during 2017-18, 2,37,34,833 candidates have applied against notified CENs.
Bringing Transparency and fairness in Recruitment process
- The stage of interview has been eliminated from recruitments for all the categories.
- Application procedure and format have been simplified and applications are received only through Online Application Management System on web portal. A paradigm shift of trusting the candidates has been brought into the system. Candidates’ self-declaration regarding their eligibility is accepted at face value and they are not required to attach/upload multiple documents for it while filling up the online application.
- Submission of fees has also been simplified and multiple options like payment through net banking, debit cards, credit cards, bank challans etc. have been introduced.
- Assessment of vacancies by various zonal Railways/Production Units and other Units through Online Indenting and Recruitment Management System(OIRMS);
- SMS/Email alerts are sent to the candidates for every stage of recruitment. They are, thus, fully assured and aware of the status of their applications, further stages of recruitment, schedules of tests & results thereof.
- Candidates can download their Admit Card/Call Letter/Hall Ticket through authorized portal/websites before 15 days of CBT/Skill Test/Aptitude Test/Document Verification etc.
- Provision of mock test before actual examination on the websites of all RRBs provides the candidates an opportunity of familiarizing themselves with Computer Based Testing.
- To facilitate in location of exam centers Google Map links are provided in the Admit Card. The Admit Card also provides the nearest landmark to the examination centre.
- Candidates have the option to select amongst the 13 Indian languages in addition to Hindi and English during 1st/2nd stage CBTs.
- In Computer Based Tests (CBTs) candidates are shown their Question paper, Answer Booklets along with correct Answer Keys. They are also given an opportunity to raise objection regarding correctness of question, if any.
- All 21 RRBs have been integrated with RTI Request & Appeal Management Information System portal (RTI-MIS) facilitating the candidates to get information without any delay.
- All 21 RRBs have been put on Govt. of India’s Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) portal, facilitating the candidates to lodge their grievances online and get the redressal quickly.
Recruitments undertaken by RRBs
- Assistant Loco Pilots (ALPs) & Technician Grade-III: Candidates having minimum qualification of ITI are eligible for these categories in the Level-2 Pay Scale. The candidates have to qualify in Computer Based Test (CBT). In addition ALPs undergo Computer Based Aptitude Test.
- Junior Engineer, Depot Material Superintendent and Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant: Candidates having minimum qualification of Diploma in Engineering are eligible for these categories in Level-6 Pay Scale. The candidates have to qualify the Computer Based Test(CBT).
- Senior Section Engineer & Chief Depot Material Superintendent, Chemical & Metallurgical Superintendent: Candidates having minimum qualification of Degree in Engineering are eligible for these categories in Level-7 Pay Scale. The candidates have to qualify the Computer Based Test(CBT).
- Ministerial & Isolated Categories (Stenographers, Translators, Teachers, Catering, Law Assistant, Scientific Supervisors, Librarian, Photographer, Publicity Inspector, etc): Candidates are required to possess the requisite qualification as prescribed in the Centralised Employment Notification (CEN) for these categories. The candidates have to qualify the Computer Based Test (CBT). Stenography Test/Typing Skill Test/Translation Test wherever required will also be conducted on Computer.
- Para-Medical Categories (like Staff Nurse, Pharmacist, medical Technicians, Lab Attendants, Physiotherapist, Optometrist, Dietician, etc.): Candidates are required to possess the requisite qualification as prescribed in the Centralised Employment Notification (CEN) for these categories. The candidates have to qualify the Computer Based Test(CBT).
- NTPC (Under Graduate) Categories (like Junior Clerk cum Typist, Accounts Clerk cum Typist, Commercial Clerk, Trains Clerk, Ticket Examiner): Candidates having minimum qualification of 12(10+2) are eligible for these categories in Level-2 Pay Scale except Commercial clerk where pay scale is Level-3. The candidates have to qualify the Computer Based Test(CBT). Candidates opting for Junior Clerk cum Typist and Accounts Clerk cum Typist will also undergo the Computer Based Typing skill Test.
- NTPC (Graduate) Categories (like Commercial Apprentice, , Station Master, Goods Guards, Enquiry–cum-Reservation Clerk, Junior Accounts Assistant cum Typist, Senior Clerk cum Typist, Sr. time Keeper, Traffic Assistant): Candidates having minimum qualification of Graduation are eligible for these categories in Level-5 Pay Scale except Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice, Assistant Station Master where pay scale is Level-6 and that of Traffic Assistant is Level-4. The candidates have to qualify the Computer Based Test(CBT). Candidates opting for Senior Clerk cum Typist and Junior Accounts Assistant cum Typist will also undergo the Typing skill Test. Candidates opting for Assistant Station Master and Traffic Assistant will have to undergo Computer Based Aptitude Test.
Awareness to the ‘Citizens’ related to Recruitment by RRBs
- The Centralized Employment Notifications (CENs) for all the examinations are published in the websites of RRBs / Employment News/Rozgar Samachar. Abridged version of notification is also published in regional newspapers by the RRBs.
- Normally, 30 days’ time is given for filling up online application.
- Instructions for filling up the forms are detailed in the CEN. Candidates are advised that any mistake in filling up the form may lead to rejection of their application, as the same are to be electronically processed and no change/alteration is allowable in the application form, once it is submitted to RRB. However, candidates can modify their on-line application by paying requisite fees before closing date of CEN.
- Information about CENs, results of Computer Based Test, Computer Based Aptitude Test, Typing Skill Test, etc will be made available on the websites of the respective RRBs.
- Aspiring candidates are advised to look for periodical updates on the websites of RRBs and not get misguided by any news brought out in any form without the authority of RRBs
- Beware of touts and job racketeers trying to deceive by false promises of securing job in Railways either through influence or by use of unfair and unethical means.
- RRB has not appointed any agent(s) or coaching center(s) for action on its behalf. Candidates are warned against any such claims being made by persons/agencies.
- Candidates are selected purely as per merit. Candidates should beware of unscrupulous elements and do not fall in their trap.
- Candidates are advised to consult only the official website of RRBs and beware of FAKE websites put up by unscrupulous elements/touts.
- Candidates attempting to influence RRB directly or indirectly shall be disqualified and legal action can be initiated against them.
- No electronic gadget or any communicating device is allowed in the exam premises. Any candidate found in possession with these items, his/her candidature will be cancelled in addition to penal action under IPC.
- Candidates trying to appear through impersonator, their candidature will be cancelled with debarment from appearing in Railway Exams in addition to legal action under IPC.
Awareness to the ‘Citizens’ related to Recruitment by RRBs
- Proper publicity of examination notice
- Timely conduct of examination
- Fair conduct of Examination
- Building confidence and evolving trust in the recruitment process
- Timely declaration of results
- Timely furnishing of the panels of selected candidates
Copyright Â© Railway Recruitment Control Board, New Delhi 2018 All rights reserved
Modified by:- RRB/Bangalore & Hosted by: NIC